AMD GPU new API for new module

Oded Gabbay oded.gabbay at amd.com
Thu Oct 9 11:33:49 PDT 2014

Thanks for the input.
I do _not_ intend to fork IOCTLs for new H/W generations, if possible.
i.e, our driver now supports 2 h/w generations with the exact same set
of IOCTLs and I don't see how that would change in the future..

What I'm more worried about is supporting different sets of UMD, which
will require different IOCTLs for the same operation, e.g. CreateQueue
for HSA runtime and OpenCL runtime.

However, due to a very limited amount of UMDs, the "regular" way of
adding IOCTLs may be sufficient.

Bottom line, need to think more about it :)

	Oded