vmwgfx GL3 and other -next (4.3) pathches

Thomas Hellstrom thellstrom at vmware.com
Wed Aug 12 11:31:09 PDT 2015

Hi, all,

I've pushed the current upcoming vmwgfx patches for 4.3 into

git://people.freedesktop.org/~thomash/linux
branch vmwgfx-next for review.

There are quite a few patches so I figured that this would be easier
than posting all patches on the mailing list.
The patches are all internally reviewed, either by me, Sinclair Yeh,
Brian Paul or Charmaine Lee.

The patchset basically enables the following
- Screen targets - Use of a new device API for scanout buffers
- Command buffers - A device command buffer queue replacing the old ring
fifo.
- GL3 - support for a new device functionality called "DX" that enables
us to support GL3. Mesa gallium driver support for GL3 is about to be
published. The patches for DX support have been heavily squashed.

Please let me know if anybody has any objections against this.

Thanks,
Thomas