drm/exynos: g2d userptr memory corruption

Tobias Jakobi tjakobi at math.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Aug 19 06:53:44 PDT 2015

Adding Jérôme to Cc. I think he looked the userptr code before, so maybe
he has some idea what is going wrong here.

I also had a look at the code, but my knowledge about the DMA API is
almost nonexistant. However I can see that before doing any DMA via the
G2D on the buffer the code calls dma_map() on it, and also unmaps it
when the commandlist is finished.

With best wishes,
Tobias

>>> http://i.imgur.com/nzT6g3Y.jpg
>>> http://i.imgur.com/wkuYI6X.jpg
>>>
>>> The corruption always manifests itself in these pixel lines of fixed
>>> size and wrong color.
>>>
>>> I have written a testcase as part of libdrm for this issue:
>>> https://github.com/tobiasjakobi/libdrm/commit/db8bf6844436598251f67a71fc334b929bfb2b71
>>>
>>> It allocates N (N an even number) buffers which are aligned to the
>>> system pagesize. Then it does this each iteration:
>>> 1) Fill the first N/2 buffers with random data
>>> 2) Copy the first half to the second half of the buffers