HOW TO MAKE SAMPLES DIR IN THE MAINLINE KERNEL TO BE COMPILED AND CREATED ".KO" FILE IN THE SAME DIRECTORY

Yakir Yang ykk at rock-chips.com
Thu Aug 20 03:20:22 PDT 2015

Hi Ravi,

I'm wondering is your e-mail come from eDP thread ? cause I see lots of
cc guys some as eDP emails :)

And for your question, I am not sure I understand rightly. Do you mean
that your ".ko" module not in
the same directory with driver source code?

If it's your question, I think you can fix it by add SUBDIRS flag in
your driver makefile.
I test it on kernel 3.14, but I think it would be okay on mainline
kernel, it works good
in my side, I see hello.ko in my hello/

[~/work/kernel-3.14/hello] 7392h41m $ ls
hello.c  hello.ko  hello.mod.c  hello.mod.o  hello.o  Makefile
modules.order  Module.symvers

# My test makefile
obj-m := hello.o

KERNEL_DIR := ~/work/kernel-3.14
PWD := $(shell pwd)

all:
     make -C $(KERNEL_DIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

clean:
     rm *.o *.ko *.mod.c

.PHONY:clean

Wish can help,