"EDID checksum is invalid"

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 7 23:05:22 PST 2015

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> I'm assuming even the hdmi +5V line is under sw control at least for
> power management reasons. Maybe dpms off turns it off, and shouldn't?
> My monitor actually says "No HDMI (HML) Cable" when I do "xset dpms
> force off". Maybe that's normal, but maybe that's indicative of dpms
> turning things a bit *too* off?

How about getting a breakout cable so we can actually check the +5V
line to see when it turns off?

Total Phase makes one, although they only have the DVI ones in stock. A
couple of HDMI to DVI converters would let you use this.

        http://www.totalphase.com/products/video-dvi/

I've even got an i2c protocol sniffer if you want to see what's going on
the DDC bus directly.

--
-keith