i915: screen flicker

Mihai Donțu mihai.dontu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:46:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I noticed that since I started using 4.6.0-rcX, my screen flickers once
or twice after I stop using my laptop for ~1min or so. Given the
behavior, my prime suspect is the PSR feature that you have announced
for this release:

  http://blog.ffwll.ch/2016/03/neat-drmi915-stuff-for-46.html

Is 'enable_psr' the right knob to use to turn this feature off and see
if my suspicions are correct? Or is there a patch floating around that
I can test?

I have an Intel i7-4600U CPU. I also attached to this email and archive
with the contents of /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0.

Thank you,

--
Mihai Donțu