i951 Xv playback uneven

Florian Zumbiehl florz at florz.de
Tue Apr 26 20:02:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

with the drm-intel-nightly I am currently running, I am also seeing some
quite noticable stuttering in Xv playback. It's particularly obvious in
stuff like rolling credits. It's not directly a performance problem, as the
effect can be seen even in "stop motion" (i.e., frame by frame) playback:
Sometimes, no update happens, and then the next update "catches up", a bit
like some kind of double buffering sometimes fails to switch buffers.

Now, I haven't investigated this any further as I am getting the impression
that noone cares anyway (my mail with the debug info that Daniel requested
regarding some other problems has been almost a month ago and I got no
response to that at all) - I am happy to help where I can but I won't
invest any effort upfront if it's going to be ignored anyway, so please let
me know if you really want to look into this.

Regards, Florian