drm_hwcomposer moving to fd.o

Robert Foss robert.foss at collabora.com
Thu Sep 21 23:52:53 UTC 2017

Hey,

After talking to Liviu Dudau at LPC and Sean Paul & Kaveh Nasri at XDC
it seems that we all could benefit from community maintainership of
drm_hwcomposer.

I'm happy to announce that drm_hwcomposer now officially is hosted on
freedesktop.org:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm_hwcomposer/

The chromiumos wiki entries have also been moved to f.do:
https://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/drm_hwcomposer/
https://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/drm_hwcomposer/Overview/

With this I'm hoping we'll be able to merge the changes done by intel
in [1], but more importantly remove the need for an alternative
implementation.

Regarding contributions, they are accepted on the dri-devel list, using
the patch prefix "hwc".

Currently Sean Paul, Zach Reizner, Rob Clark, Rob Herring and Robert
Foss have commit access. This is just the initial set, any contributor
with a few commits under their belt is welcome to request commit
access.

A fd.o account is needed for to grant commit rights, one can be
requested here:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests/

I would also like to thank Sean Paul for taking the initiative and
helping out with the move.

[1] https://github.com/android-ia/external-drm_hwcomposer/

Rob.