Next round of associating ddc adapters with connectors

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 28 10:26:06 UTC 2019

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, Andrzej Pietrasiewicz <andrzej.p at collabora.com> wrote:
> Dear Maintainers,
>
> Can you please express your opinion on these patches:
>
> [tegra] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/327099/?series=65831&rev=1
> [vc4] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/327102/?series=65831&rev=1
> [zte] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/327106/?series=65831&rev=1
> [zte] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/327112/?series=65831&rev=1
> [i915] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/327120/?series=65831&rev=1

I've expressed my opinion in [1] and that hasn't changed. I don't like
the interface, and a few years down the line I expect there's going to
be a patch series renaming drm_connector_init_with_ddc() back to
drm_connector_init() with an extra parameter, and NULL will be passed
where ddc is not relevant.

Anyway, that ship has sailed, you didn't even care to reply, and nobody
else seems to mind, so meh, and ack on the patch. Indeed I would've
applied it already, but it no longer applies, so please send the rebased
i915 patch individually to intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org so we'll also
get CI coverage against the current drm-tip tree.

BR,
Jani.

[1] http://lore.kernel.org/r/875znlp6yk.fsf@intel.com

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center