[PULL] drm-misc-next

Tomi Valkeinen tomi.valkeinen at ti.com
Fri Oct 18 13:45:27 UTC 2019

Hi Sean,

On 17/10/2019 22:26, Sean Paul wrote:

> concern for those. The omap OMAP_BO_MEM_* changes though I don't think have
> really reached non-TI eyes. There's no link in the commit message to a UAPI
> implementation and the only reference I could find is libkmsxx which can set
> them through the python bindings. Since this is TI-specific gunk in TI-specific
> headers I'm inclined to let it pass, but I would have liked to have this
> conversation upfront. I figured I'd call this out so you have final say.

There was some discussion about that a few years back when I initially
sent the patches, but now that I look, the discussion died before really
even starting.

This is what I said about userspace implementation:

> Yes, unfortunately that is not going to happen. I don't see how this
> could be used in a generic system like Weston or X. It's meant for very
> specific use cases, where you know exactly the requirements of your
> application and the capabilities of the whole system, and optimize based
> on that.
I know this feature is used by customers, but I don't have access to
their applications.

  Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki