Interface additions to dma_fence_array?

Thomas Hellström thomas.hellstrom at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 8 07:08:49 UTC 2021

Hi, Christian,

We have a use-case in i915 with async evictions where we'd like to use
dma-fence-array in the following way

*Create in commit mode
*Add context and seqno,
*Publish (signaling critical section starts)
*Add fence pointers to the arrary
*Commit (signaling critical section ends, fence can now signal)

With a patch series I have, we use the i915 data structure
dma_fence_work for this, but it'd be better to use dma_fence_array for
various reasons. Would it be OK to add interfaces to dma-fence-array to
facilitate this? Basic idea would be to defer the actions done by
enable_signaling until commit is called.

Thanks,
/Thomas