Phyr Starter

Thomas Zimmermann tzimmermann at suse.de
Tue Jan 11 14:10:00 UTC 2022

Hi

Am 11.01.22 um 14:56 schrieb Matthew Wilcox:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:40:10PM +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Am 10.01.22 um 20:34 schrieb Matthew Wilcox:
>>> TLDR: I want to introduce a new data type:
>>>
>>> struct phyr {
>>>           phys_addr_t addr;
>>>           size_t len;
>>> };
>>
>> Did you look at struct dma_buf_map? [1]
>
> Thanks.  I wasn't aware of that.  It doesn't seem to actually solve the
> problem, in that it doesn't carry any length information.  Did you mean
> to point me at a different structure?

It's the structure I meant. It refers to a buffer, so the length could
be added. For something more sophisticated, dma_buf_map could be changed
to distinguish between the buffer and an iterator pointing into the buffer.

But if it's really different, then so be it.

Best regards
Thomas

--
Thomas Zimmermann