completely rework the dma_resv semantic

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jan 14 16:35:00 UTC 2022

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 10:11:20AM +0100, Christian König wrote:
> Am 22.12.21 um 23:17 schrieb Daniel Vetter:
> > On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 03:39:52PM +0100, Christian König wrote:
> > > Hi Daniel,
> > >
> > > looks like this is going nowhere and you don't seem to have time to review.
> > >
> > > What can we do?
> > cc more people, you didn't cc any of the driver folks :-)
>
> Well I've CCed more people and lists and the first round of the patches.
> Just wanted to get some more comments from you first before widening the
> audience.

Ime it's good to just always spam driver authors on big stuff like this,
increases the odds more folks get involved. And in the end we need the
entire subsystem to understand this (or at least not accidentally break
the rules you roll out now like we've done in the past).

Plus you'll get the driver acks faster that way :-)
-Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation