[PULL] drm-xe-next

Oded Gabbay ogabbay at kernel.org
Mon Dec 18 14:27:40 UTC 2023

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 05:28:19PM -0500, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> Hi Dave and Sima,
>
> Here goes the first pull request for the drm/xe driver.
>
> Our team was focused on putting together a driver that uses most, if not all,
> of the key drm concepts and has a functional display that is shared with i915.
> All the platforms are still protected by the force_probe protection because they
> are either officially supported by i915, or because they are still under
> enablement like Lunar Lake.
>
> We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we believe that it will be better
> to work with all of these cross-driver concepts after we are merged to drm-next
> along with the other drivers.
>
> Besides the cross-driver collaboration and enabling of upcoming hardware, one of
> our key areas will be to improve performance and address reports by users so that
> the driver keeps getting better.
>
> I’m having the honor to send this first pull request on behalf of the new team of
> maintainers that we are putting together for the xe driver: Lucas, Thomas, and
> Oded. I’m going to assist them to get this through and to set up the drm-tip
> development flow. Then, you should expect future pull requests coming directly
> from them. Likely, with a rotation of duties that they will define by themselves,
> but that should be similar to drm-intel and drm-misc.
>
> Thanks,
> Rodrigo.
(Sorry for sending again but my kernel.org smtp definition was wrong and ml rejected my email)

Hi Rodrigo,
You and the team did a great job on bringing the driver to this stage. Congrats!

I reviewed a large part of the driver, mainly focusing on init/fini,
ioctls, memory management, dma-buf.
There were multiple issues raised and all of them were fixed/answered
to my satisfaction.

For the PR:
Acked-by: Oded Gabbay <ogabbay at kernel.org>

Thanks,