Ongoing failure for "dim rebuild-tip"

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Wed Jan 18 09:13:57 UTC 2023

Hi guys,

for a couple of weeks now the command "dim rebuild-tip" fails for me.
The error message is:

Merging drm-intel/drm-intel-gt-next... Applying manual fixup patch for
drm-tip merge... patching file drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gt/uc/intel_uc_fw.c
dim:
dim: FAILURE: Could not merge drm-intel/drm-intel-gt-next
dim: See the section "Resolving Conflicts when Rebuilding drm-tip"
dim: in the drm-tip.rst documentation for how to handle this situation.

This also happens on a fresh clean install of dim, so I'm pretty sure
that this isn't a problem on my side.

What can we do?

Thanks,
Christian.