VM_BIND locking document

Thomas Hellström thomas.hellstrom at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 3 16:00:12 UTC 2023

Danilo, Boris

As you might know we have a task to complete a VM_BIND locking document
including userptr gating the Xe driver upstreaming. I have version 3 of
that document out as a patch

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/122508/

updated with the latest gpuvm changes, including the fine-grained
locking plus userptr locking as done in the Xe driver.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could read through and come with
suggestions / objections / acks.  The idea is this document will simply
be updated as drm_gpuvm evolves. In particular the userptr area
currently follows Xe locking and probably needs to be adjusted if / when
we get userptr in drm_gpuvm.

Thanks,

Thomas