Design question backlight controller powered by bridge

Fuzzey, Martin martin.fuzzey at flowbird.group
Fri Nov 10 09:01:52 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have a design problem I'm not sure how to solve cleanly.

I have a board using a PTN3460  eDP => LVDS bridge and a LP8556
backlight controller.
Both of these are already supported by the kernel.

The PTN3460 has an electrical output signal (PVCGEN) that is intended
to control power to the panel and goes high once valid video data is