Request for information on generating DisplayPort error packets for testing

chalil jitesh chaliljitesh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 04:24:20 UTC 2023

Hi,

For testing we wanted to generate and send some error DisplayPort frames
packets (send some invalid DisplayPort video stream data packets) to the
DisplayPort sink device to check if the sink device is behaving correctly
to DisplayPort error stream data frames received.
Could you please suggest any drm/kms tools in linux which can be used for
creating DisplayPort error packets for testing.
Could you also please tell us we can modify the drm driver apis to corrupt
the DisplayPort stream data packets which are sent by drm driver to the
Displayport Sink Device.
Kindly please suggest how we can generate error Displayport stream data
packets for testing from DRM drivers.

With Thanks and Regards
Jitesh