[Nouveau] [RFC, drm-misc-next v4 0/9] PCI/VGA: Allowing the user to select the primary video adapter at boot time

Sui Jingfeng sui.jingfeng at linux.dev
Wed Sep 6 04:14:01 UTC 2023

Hi,

On 2023/9/5 23:05, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> You might have found a bug in the ast driver. Ast has means to detect
> if the device has been POSTed and maybe do that. If this doesn't work
> correctly, it needs a fix.

That sounds fine.

The bug is not a big deal, I'm just take it as an example and report it to you.
But a real fix can be complex, because there are quite a lot of servers
ship with ASpeed BMC hardware.

Honestly I don't have the time fix it on formal way.
I have already tons patches in pending and I will focus on solve VGAARB related problem.

Because I want to test your patch occasionally.
So this series is useful for myself at corner cases.