[RFC 1/4] accel/ivpu: Allocate vpu_addr in gem->open() callback

Jeffrey Hugo quic_jhugo at quicinc.com
Mon Sep 11 15:19:03 UTC 2023

On 9/1/2023 10:48 AM, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> From: Jacek Lawrynowicz <jacek.lawrynowicz at linux.intel.com>
>
> gem->open() is called during handle creation for a gem object.
> It is called during prime import and in BO_CREATE ioctl.

I feel like the "why" is missing.  This appears to start to explain how
gem->open() might be useful for the driver, but does not seem to
complete explaining the connection to the driver.  From the code
changes, it looks like using gem->open() simplifies the code by
allocating the vpu_addr in one place for all BOs.  If that is the goal,
I feel that it should be mentioned here.