[3/6] soc: qcom: pmic_glink_altmode: fix drm bridge use-after-free

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Tue Feb 20 12:40:20 UTC 2024

>> The function call “fwnode_handle_put(fwnode)” is used in multiple if branches.
>> https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.8-rc5/source/drivers/soc/qcom/pmic_glink_altmode.c#L435
>>
>> I suggest to add a jump target so that a bit of exception handling
>> can be better reused at the end of this function implementation.
>
> Markus, as people have told you repeatedly, just stop with these comments.

How does such a response fit to advices from another known information sources?

Section “7) Centralized exiting of functions”
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/process/coding-style.rst?h=v6.8-rc5#n526

> You're not helping, in fact, you are actively harmful to the
> kernel community as you are wasting people's time.

The proposed source code transformation can eventually be (automatically) achieved
also with help of improved development tools.

Regards,
Markus