Missing commits from drm-misc-next on linux-next

Chen-Yu Tsai wens at kernel.org
Wed Mar 20 15:12:19 UTC 2024

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 11:07 PM Nícolas F. R. A. Prado
<nfraprado at collabora.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that there are some commits from drm-misc-next [1] that haven't been
> added to the for-linux-next [2] branch, and consequently haven't made their way
> into linux-next.
>
> Namely, commit bf0390e2c95b ("drm/panel: add samsung s6e3fa7 panel driver") and
> commit 2689b33b8864 ("dt-bindings: display: panel-simple-dsi: add s6e3fa7
> ams559nk06 compat") which have been applied almost a month ago [3].
>
> I noticed because running 'make dtbs_check' on today's next is showing new
> warnings, but with these commits applied there shouldn't be any warning.
>
> Could you please take a look? I'm guessing a merge was forgotten somewhere along
> the line on the for-linux-next branch.

for-linux-next splits from drm-misc-next due to patch acceptance cut off
at around -rc6. Instead of not accepting / merging patches after -rc6,
drm-misc simply lets drm-misc-next continue, while fixes for -next
content go into for-linux-next. It's a bit complicated but the alternative
would be to ask everyone to stop merging patches in.

ChenYu