DRI function sequencing with EGL

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:20:42 PDT 2005

I'm still trying to sort this out, maybe some one can explain what is
going on...

In the current X server:

XAA has set the mode
XOpenDisplay calls driCreateNewScreen()
driCreateNewScreen() accepts the framebuffer description
driCreateNewScreen() returns APIs like CreateContext

In the EGL world:
I can call CreateContext()  before eglShowSurfaceMESA()

I don't know what the framebuffer description is until
eglShowSurfaceMESA() is called. But I need the CreateContext() entry
point before calling eglShowSurfaceMESA().

X is set up around XAA determining the framebuffer, when the
framebuffer description changes the DRI screen gets recreated.

With EGL the DRI environment is persistent and the framebuffer
description can change. Shouldn't getting the entry points for
CreateContext/CreateDrawable/etc be independent of
driCreateNewScreen()?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com