I come bearing Gifts

Dane Rushton danerushton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:09:10 EST 2005

Brian Paul wrote:
> Dane Rushton wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'll introduce myself by providing a gift. I ported glxgears over to egl
>> (eg. eglgears). It's not perfect (z-buffer issue) and it's definitely
>> not fast, but it does work. The diff is attached. It goes into the
>> Mesa/progs/egl directory.
>>
>> A little about me, I'm a Software Engineer in New Zealand. My Honours
>> project in Engineering (which I finished late last year) heavily
>> involved OpenGL, and I've been following dri-egl for a couple of months
>> now. Mostly just reading the code, and the mailing list, even producing
>> a little bit of documentation.
>>
>> I hope to help out here and there as I find the time.
>

> Thanks.  I checked in the demo.
>
> We probably shouldn't starting porting lots of demos to EGL until we get
> the API extensions really locked down.
>
> -Brian

Hi,

I ported it as a learning exercise for myself more than anything.
As I said, I want to help out with EGL and Xegl. I see that input in
Xgl/Xegl still needs a lot of work, so I'm doing some research on that
(evdev etc). If I create anything useful, I'll post a diff or documentation.
What is the current plan for input in Xgl or is it still up in the air?

Cheers
Dane