suspend/resume

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 08:52:21 PDT 2005

What about suspend/resume? Don't I need an API entry for prepare to
suspend, and then another to load the state back into the card on
resume? System RAM contents get preserved across suspend/resume but
hardware state doesn't.

Should this be an EGL API or should the low level driver send an async
notification up into the EGL code? We should probably at least mention
what to do with suspend/resume in the spec. How does X deal with
suspend/resume notifications?

Linux support for VT swap has the same problem. While the VT is
swapped away it is legal to reset the hardware and wipe VRAM. When the
VT comes back you have to rebuild it.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com