Native surface creation

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Fri Mar 11 13:09:58 PST 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 15:52, Brian Paul wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Comments?  Has anyone seen this addressed in other GLES implementations?
>
> Not that I know of, suprisingly.

Weird.

> There's currently EGL window, pixmap and pbuffer surfaces.  I'd add a
> 4th kind: screen surfaces.  A screen surface would be special in that
> the (front and/or back) color buffer(s) of the surface would be
> allocated/formatted such that they could be directly scanned out to
> the display (CRT/LCD/etc).

I think I like this approach.  I had thought down these lines but making a new
type for EGLScreen, rather than making a screen a type of surface.  I like
your way better though.  The relationship between Displays and Surfaces is
currently very easy to describe and shimming another layer in seems wrong.

- ajax