cursors and input

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Mar 15 07:31:37 PST 2005

Jon Smirl wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:50:48 -0700, Brian Paul
> <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
>
>>Alex Deucher wrote:
>>
>>>How do we want to handle cursors in EGL?
>>
>>I expect another EGL extension would be made for that.
>

> Do you need another extension? Aren't cursors and intergral part of a screen?

I'd rather layer an EGL_MESA_cursor extension on top of the
EGL_MESA_screen_surface extension than make it an integral part of it
since there are devices that don't have/need cursors.

But cursors would be per-screen information, so you'd have queries like:

   eglQueryScreenMESA(dpy, scrn, EGL_MAX_CURSOR_WIDTH, &width);
   eglQueryScreenMESA(dpy, scrn, EGL_MAX_CURSOR_HEIGTH, &height);

And maybe set the position with:

   EGLint pos[2] = { x, y };
   eglScreenAttribsMESA(dpy, scrn, EGL_CURSOR_POSITION, pos);

Or, maybe a new function, such as:

   eglCursorPositionMESA(dpy, scrn, x, y);

-Brian