EGL_MESA_screen_surface proposal

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:28:54 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:21:30 -0700, Brian Paul
<brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at though.

Say I'm using a desktop windowing system implemented on top of XGL. It
has an HDTV projector hooked up to the second head of the card. Is it
useful to have a UI that says force that head into 1080i or 720p?

The UI under X for doing this is to use keypad +/- to cycle through
all of the modes. That model is complicated when multiple heads are
involved.

To build a UI for choosing the mode I need a list of mode names,
either that or or they can choose from a list with all of the
attribute/value pairs but a lot of people won't understand the pairs.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com