EGL_MESA_screen_surface proposal

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:09:46 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:56:46 -0500, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Then you'll know enough to go edit external config files to suppress
> > the reporting of the progressive modes and make the interlaced one
> > visible. Framebuffer has a mechanism to add/delete modes as reported
> > by DDC. Just delete the progressive one that is obscuring the
> > interlaced one and restart XGL.
>
> It'd be preferable to switch between the two with requiring a restart.

I'm looking at this as we either expose all of the attributes or none
of them. I don't think we should just pick a subset.

There are a lot of attributes on a mode:
width, height, top, bottom, left, right, hslen, vslen, hsync+/-,
vsync+/-, csync, extsync, interlace, detailed, etc

Because there are so many I'd prefer to expose none of them.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com