EGL_MESA_screen_surface version 4

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Mar 24 03:23:07 PST 2005

> >     EGLSurface eglCreateScreenSurfaceMESA(EGLDisplay dpy, EGLConfig config,
> >                                           const EGLint *attrib_list)
> >
> >     Create a surface that can be displayed on a screen.  <attrib_list> is
> >     an array of token/value pairs terminated with EGL_NONE.  Valid tokens
> >     include:
> >
> >         Name              Description
> >         ----------------  --------------------------------
> >         EGL_WIDTH         desired surface width in pixels
> >         EGL_HEIGHT        desired surface height in pixels
> >
> >     Any other token will generate the error EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE.
>
> What will happen if either of these attributes is omitted?

And anybody thought about whether unknown tokens should be just ignored
instead of creating an error? This is the typical way of dealing with
tagged argument lists, because it could improve downwards compatibility.
I know that the proposed behavior is coherrent to EGL, but I'm not sure
this is the right thing(TM) to do.

I haven't thought this to the end, though, and I have to admit that I
learned of this list only yesterday, but I've read the specs.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de