Xegl lives!

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:53:45 PDT 2005

On 5/24/05, Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, Zack's nearly done with that project, and is
> offering to come help you as soon as he can...

KAA is a dead end and spending resources working on it is only
delaying the cut over to a GL based server. GL based servers also
accelerate render, they just do it using a standards based API.

If you're concerned about size spend some resources on an open source
OpenGL-ES implementation. There's already a proprietary one at 100K.

If you want Xgl faster have Keith help. I'm working full time on code
Keith wrote and he could probably make the needed chages 10x faster
than I can.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com