Xegl lives!

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed May 25 09:58:48 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 09:36 +0100, Matthew Allum wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On 5/25/05, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Shiny fast 3D can be had for $10 now. For cell phones/Ipaq use
> > software mesa. Software mesa provides full OpenGL on nothing but a
> > dumb framebuffer.
> >

> If theres any floating point happening here, cell phone/Ipaq/Zaurus
> performance will simply fall flat on its face ( no fpu ).

Xgl can run without using floating point. 'Xglx -vertextype short'
should do it, but I think that there is currently some places where
floating point is used anyway but that should be easily fixed.
Eventually, we're going to make it possible to run glitz on the EGL
Common profile and use GL_OES_fixed_point... that will make it more
useful for cell phones and such.