State of EGL

Juergen Obernolte juergen.obernolte at arcor.de
Sun Oct 16 23:22:20 PDT 2005

Hello!

I'm working on a native windowing system (without X) and want to use OpenGL as
the basic layer (by implementing 2D functionality of window surfaces with GL).
For what I've seen so far EGL could be the right thing to do it. So what is the
state of the current DRI-EGL implementation? Is it usable yet? I've compiled the
current Mesa source and it don't get the sample EGL programms running (neither
the radeon driver seems to work nor the framebuffer driver).
A second approach was using DRI only, but that also doesn't seem to work right.