State of EGL

Juergen Obernolte juergen.obernolte at arcor.de
Tue Oct 18 00:09:29 PDT 2005

Dave Airlie <airlied at ...> writes:

> At this stage you've really only two choices, either use miniglx or
> dri-egl, the only cards that I know work are radeon (r100/r200), and
> I'm working on r300 for dri-egl slowly...
>
> miniglx is a dead-end path, I support it on hardware for a client, but
> I'd seriously doubt it'll ever gain any new features..
>
> dri-egl is working for me running Xegl on radeon 9200 the last time I
> tried it, I need to do some testing again on my 9200 for eglgears,
> before I go back to getting the r300 going..
>
> Dave.

Thanks for your reply.
So it seems that I have to wait until the development is advanced far enough to
use dri-egl. Is at least the framebuffer driver working? Or are there some
glitches with it too (I couldn't make it run)? Maybe I can help with the
development?
Besides, is there some better documentation about the infrastructure of
Mesa/dri-egl than the one coming with the source? I've looked at the
Mesa-Homepage too but there is also no good documentation.

Juergen.