undefined symbol

Dane Rushton danerushton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 21:44:10 PST 2006

Hi,

r200_dri is the correct driver. The radeon one is for older cards.
It determines which one to use from:
	/sys/class/drm/card0/dri_library_name

I had similar problems getting the examples and info programs going with
various 'undefined symbol' errors.
It appears the linker isn't pulling in dependant libraries properly. You
can force it by using LD_PRELOAD, such as:
	LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libEGLdri.so /usr/lib/libGL.so"
./Mesa/progs/egl/eglgears

That will get eglgears, eglinfo, and demo3 working from the
Mesa/progs/egl directory. demo1 and demo2 still are trying to use the
old fb_dri. Should probably fix them and submit a patch.
To get glitzinfo and glitz's rendertest going you will have to edit some
code as they haven't been updated to the new EGL api.
Basically change 'eglShowSurfaceMESA' to eglShowScreenSurfaceMESA'. I
should probably submit a patch for that as well.

By the way, I had to run them as root. Jon Smirl's patch to enable
non-priviledged users in DRM from a while back won't work anymore due to
a change in the format of the DRM code, but it should be straightforward
to update it manually.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Dane