[Fontconfig] libtoolize fcpackage

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Feb 14 05:30:05 EST 2003

Around 11 o'clock on Feb 13, Albert Chin wrote:

> Don't know if this will be accepted but the following uses libtool to
> build Xft, Xrender, and fontconfig. We have to build for Solaris,
> HP-UX, IRIX, Tru64 UNIX, AIX, and Redhat Linux so this makes it much
> easier.

I'm planning on migrating these libraries to automake, so libtool is
certainly in our future.  Help in this process would be greatly
appreciated.

If you could split out the fontconfig specific changes and stick them in a
bugzilla entry on fontconfig.org, I'll see about getting this done
sometime soonish.  The biggest question is how to retain library version
numbers as we transition to libtool, which has it's own mystic ideas about
library versioning.  I'd like to see what major/minor library versions are
generated in each environment and compare those with the existing numbers.

-keith