[Fontconfig] Asking help to install fontconfig

Dolores Alia de Saravia loli at unsa.edu.ar
Sat Feb 15 09:30:35 EST 2003

I´m trying to install fontconfig from release 2.1.
(I need it in order to test dia version 0.91).
Iam using Linux, Suse version 7.1

I´ve tried to use the "configure" file which comes with the release
without success, and also used autoconf executing:
 "sh cvscompile ..." as suggested by INSTALL file. In both
cases, "make" produces:
../src/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `FT_Get_Next_Char'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fc-cache] Error 1
../src/libfontconfig.so: undefined reference to `FT_Get_Next_Char'
make: *** [all] Error 2
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fc-list] Error 1

I´ve also used imake and then make produces:
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
make[1]: *** [fcatomic.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I would appreciate it very much if someone can help me.

Loli
email:  loli at unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net