[Fontconfig] Fontconfig Issue

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Jan 19 05:56:07 EST 2003

Around 12 o'clock on Jan 18, Rob wrote:

> The problem I'm having is font related. I have a number of high quality
> type 1 postscript fonts on this machine. When I use the application with
> the non-Xft build of GTK+ all of my fonts appear in the font selection
> process of that application. When I use the Xft-enabled build of GTK+, I
> only have a minimal set of non-postscript fonts to choose from in the
> selection process.

You need to make sure that fontconfig knows where the fonts are installed.
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf has a list of directories; you can place your fonts
in any directory or subdirectory of those listed (usually /usr/share/fonts
and /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts).  If they're elsewhere, you can either add
the new directory name to a configuration file or move them.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab