[Fontconfig] per font settings

Padraig at Linux.ie Padraig at Linux.ie
Wed Jan 22 02:12:11 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,
but I've just started using the lastest gnome
and noticed that you can't turn off antialiasing
for particular fonts, or generally set per font
rendering options. This is important I think
since certain (fixed width) fonts look much better
when not antialiased, and also for dynamically
changing text (like a terminal for e.g.) you mightn't
want to incur the overhead of the antialiasing.

Another thing I noticed is that antialiased
text looks better when it's black on white background.
Silver on black background or black on gray background
don't look nearly as good. Does the antialiasing
take a/c of the background and foreground, or is
it tuned for black on white?

thanks,
Pádraig.