[Fontconfig] Problem with Nimbus font weights

Juergen Stuber stuber at loria.fr
Mon Apr 12 04:41:38 EST 2004

Hi,

I want to use the 'Nimbus Roman No9 L' fonts in Mozilla,
however their weights are a bit off:

- the one with style Medium is what I would call bold
- there is one called Regular that would do as medium

I've tried various ways to change that, without success,
for example putting the following in my ~/.fonts.conf :

<match target="font">
    <test qual="any" name="family">
        <string>Nimbus Roman No9 L</string>
    </test>
    <test qual="any" name="style">
        <string>Medium</string>
    </test>
    <edit name="style" mode="assign_replace">
        <string>Regular</string>
    </edit>
</match>

Any ideas?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber at loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/

Please always send email as plain text.
Email sent as HTML will be filtered and read later, or may get lost in spam.