[Fontconfig] No type 1 fonts display

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.hn.org
Thu Jul 29 06:59:30 EST 2004

Several months ago I upgraded fontconfig from 2_0 to 2.2.0 (this, or something
else I did at the same time, fixed a crash-on-exit bug in AbiWord). Since
then, no type 1 fonts show on the X server, and if I try to show one, it
displays BigNoiseMusic, which is unreadable (it displays everything as
musical symbols). In particular, Arial shows up as Arial, but Helvetica looks
like some notes, a tablature grid, a flat, a common-time symbol, and another
note. How do I track down what's going on?

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa