[Fontconfig] Broken fontconfig

Ed Robitaille erobitaille at eagle1st.com
Sun Mar 21 15:14:54 EST 2004

I am running SuSE linux 8.2, using XFree86 version 4.3.0 and gnome 2.2.
I attempted to add some ttf fonts and have now broken gnome.
I am unable to run gnome. When I attempt to use any gnome2 apps I get:

'No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org'

I down loaded the latest 2 versions of fontconfig but haven't resolved the
problem. I've searcherd the archives but don't seee any complete answers.
Could any one help ?

Ed