[Fontconfig] Re: Aliases

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Mar 30 05:45:09 EST 2004

>>>>> "Radu" == Radu Maurer <radu at gmx.info> writes:

Radu> I would like to write aliases for all the Adobe standard fonts
Radu> (Helvetica, Times, Courier ...) which I don't have on my system
Radu> to their URW counterparts (Nimbus* ).

This is the pattern I use for such re-naming:

        <match target="pattern">
                <test name="family">
                        <string>Helvetica</string>
                </test>
                <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="same">
                        <string>Arial</string>
                </edit>
        </match>

(Based on someone else's post here....)

Do be sure you use the exact family names.

Try:

:; FC_DEBUG=4 fc-list Helvetica

to see the patterns; FC_DEBUG=8 may also be useful, if a bit verbose.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos at jhcloos.com> <http://jhcloos.com>