[Fontconfig] Re: freetype internals

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Fri Dec 9 16:38:22 PST 2005

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> さんは書きました:

> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 16:29 +0100, Mike FABIAN wrote:
>
>> I wonder why in the original code the skipping of fonts which have no
>> encoded characters was limited to PCF fonts.
>
> Symbol fonts, and others with encodings known to custom applications.

Shortly after I wrote my last mail I also thought about symbol
fonts and thought that they would probably be skipped as well with
my patch. But strangely enough they are still listed by fc-list
and can still be used:

mfabian at magellan:~$ fc-list : family foundry style  | grep -i symbol
OpenSymbol:style=Regular:foundry=unknown
Standard Symbols L:style=Regular:foundry=urw
Symbol:style=Regular:foundry=adobe
SeanSymbols:style=Regular:foundry=unknown
mfabian at magellan:~$

I don't understand why though.

Probably it is safer to skip only for PCF fonts like the old code
did but do it without using freetype internals.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。