[Fontconfig] Still Baffled

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Feb 18 14:59:53 EST 2005

Around 21 o'clock on Feb 17, John Lowell wrote:

> I'm trying to understand why it is that using Gentoo and
> gtk-theme-switch (which relies on fontconfig to change fonts and themes
> in various applications) I'm offered a different font selection than
> that offered in Debian or Arch using the very same program.

You can compare the set of available fonts on each machine by running the
fc-list program; that will list the fonts that fontconfig knows about.  If
those lists are the same, you either have an issue with your configuration
or just that the two difference versions of fontconfig are generating
different results.

-keith