[Fontconfig] Still Baffled

John Lowell johnlowell at ameritech.net
Sat Feb 19 06:16:06 EST 2005

On 02/18/05 13:58:28, Manish Singh wrote:

> Also, even though the same version is reported on the 3 distros, they
> may be applying local patches to the code which code change behavior.
>
> I'd look for differences in config first though, and yeah, you should
> check both files.
>
> -Yosh

Thanks, Yosh.

You know, having literally transported the configuration files distro
to distro in perhaps a further naive attempt to elliminate the
differences, I was still unable to do so. I think the code patching -
and certainly there has been code patching - has to explain the
difference. In the final analysis, I'm just not in a position to do
anything about that. Raw determination and persistence doesn't always
fix things, it would seem.

jlowell