[Fontconfig] Screen resolutions

cga cga2001 at softhome.net
Sat Feb 26 09:31:34 EST 2005

David Gómez wrote:

[...]

>Well, i finally downloaded and recompiled Freetype (2.1.7, because 2.1.8
>and 2.1.9 failed at the linking step) with the Bytecode interpreted enabled,
>and certainly makes a difference ;).

It would be great if you could upload comparable screenshots so we could
see the 'before and after'..

>The auto hinter in the library is
>visibly not as good as the bytecode interpreter.
>
>Thanks to all that helped me with this problem and pointed me to the right
>solution :). I had spent several days trying to fix this problem with no
>results, and would have lost several more if it wasn't for your help ;)

not really time lost.. I'm still pretty clueless about fonts but the
little that I know I have learned over the last couple of months..

I must have spent over a month gettting fonts to work to my liking. :-(