[Fontconfig] Re: monospaced fonts and combining characters: fontconfig bug?

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Thu Jul 14 08:33:33 EST 2005

Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> さんは書きました:

> Yeah, probably. Is there a compact representation for all of the
> combining characters? Or should we just permit advances of 0 for any
> character? The latter would be far easier, and would follow the method
> used to identify dual-spaced fonts, while the former might avoid
> mis-identifying some broken fonts.

Permitting advances of 0 for any character sounds like a good idea
which is probably good enough for the moment.

If it turns out that there are really some broken fonts which are
mis-identified because of this, we could still add a list of combining
characters and permit advances of 0 only for characters in that list.

--
Mike FABIAN   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。