[Fontconfig] Re: fc-cache sometimes fails

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Fri Oct 14 21:59:40 EST 2005

Patrick Lam <plam at MIT.EDU> さんは書きました:

> Mike FABIAN wrote:
>>     mfabian at magellan:/tmp/test$ fc-cache -v .
>>     fc-cache: ".": caching, 0 fonts, 0 dirs
>>     fc-cache: failed
>
> Oops, I misinterpreted the unlink() return value.  Fixed.

Thank you.

For the procedure I described in my last mail, it works now.

But I found a similar problem which still occurs with the
current cvs snapshot of the fontconfig 2.4 branch:

mfabian at magellan:/tmp$ mkdir test
mfabian at magellan:/tmp$ cd test
mfabian at magellan:/tmp/test$ fc-cache -v -f .
fc-cache: ".": caching, 0 fonts, 0 dirs
fc-cache: failed
mfabian at magellan:/tmp/test$ ls
fonts.cache-2
mfabian at magellan:/tmp/test$ fc-cache -v -f .
fc-cache: ".": caching, 0 fonts, 0 dirs
fc-cache: succeeded
mfabian at magellan:/tmp/test$

--