[Fontconfig] Re: fc-cache sometimes looses fonts

Patrick Lam plam at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 26 23:29:59 EST 2005

Mike FABIAN wrote:
> Even if only the local file name is stored in the per-directory
> cache-files, fc-list should be able to list the full path names,
> shouldn't it?  While reading the cache files, fontconfig knows from
> what directory the cache file has been read.

Unfortunately, fontconfig then throws away this information.  I can
create an auxiliary data structure to store pairs of bindings (FcPattern
*, directory) as they come in from disk, but that will require some
hacking.  However, I do agree with you that it's useful to have fc-list
print out the directory name, so I'll try to implement this.

pat